As a Church of England Primary School, we will provide a loving, trusting and engaging community rooted in Christian Values, where everyone is respectful and is encouraged to develop as learners, maximise their talents and fully achieve their God-given potential.
With wisdom, respect and love, we flourish and shine.
“We shine like bright stars in the sky.” – Philippians 2:15
“Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
““Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding.” – Proverbs 3:13
“Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interest of others.” – Philippians 2:4
Our Christian Vision, Motto and Values are expressed through our school’s mission statement. We will:
- Instil a sense of wonder at God’s creation which nurtures a desire to learn and care for people and the environment.
- Encourage all children, irrespective of background or ability, to flourish academically and creatively thereby fulfilling their God-given potential so they “shine like bright stars”.
- Develop and maintain a constructive, purposeful and aspirational school environment in which high expectations of Christian behaviour and conduct allow all members of our community to learn and grow.
- Help pupils and adults to develop lifelong values so that they can contribute successfully to their local community and navigate an increasing complex national and global community.
- Ensure that all members of our community are given the opportunity to understand and respect difference and diversity knowing that all have been created in the image of God.
- Provide support for the positive mental health and wellbeing of our children and staff so that all feel respected and valued and do not lose heart when facing the challenges of school and the wider world.
- Be a Christian community where there are strong, caring relationships based on kindness and mutual respect, demonstrated through courtesy, forgiveness and reconciliation.
Our School Prayer is: This is our School let peace dwell here. Let the room be full of contentment. Let love abide here, Love of one another. Love of mankind. Love of life itself. Love of God. Let us remember that has many hands build a house so many hearts make a school. Amen